The essential Basics of Infrared Thermography
After this half-day introductory course you will be familiar with the basic aspects and possibilities of infrared thermography in a maintenance context.
The use of infrared thermography for preventive and condition-based maintenance is becoming more important every year. The possibilities of this technology are therefore very broad. After this half-day introductory course you will be familiar with the basic aspects and possibilities of infrared thermography in a maintenance context. No prior knowledge is required for this course.
- Master the basic concepts of infrared thermography
- Be able to measure temperatures with a thermal imager based on different parameters
- Interpret thermal images
- Produce reports
- Avoid the pitfalls of thermography
- Introduction to thermal imaging and measurement systems
- Measure accurate temperatures with a thermal imaging camera, taking into account distance, emissivity, reflectance,...
- Interpretation of thermographic images
- Prepare reports using the latest software programmes
- Avoiding wrong interpretations (reflections, hot spots, indirect results,...)
About the trainer
Gunther Willems has a technical background and has more than 20 years of experience with condition monitoring and reliability engineering in many important industries, including chemical, automotive, energy, gas and food & beverage. Besides being an infrared and vibration specialist (level II), he is also level I certified for ultrasonic analysis.
Who is this training for?
Everybody who wants to learn the basics of thermography in a technical environment.