Tap into Joel Levitt's vast experience and learn how to improve almost any aspect of your maintenance organization. This revision of a classic reference intoduces you to the globalization of production and the changing of the guard of maintenance leadership, and then provides real, usable ideas to improve your maintenance program Completely reorganized, this second edition tells the story of maintenance management in factory settings specifically. Its broad coverage includes topis such as of potential problems and new opportunities; what bosses really want, specifics for improvement of maintenance and production, World Class Maintenance Management revisited and revised, quality improvement, complete coverage of current maintenance practices, processes, process aids, interfaces and strategies, as well as personal and personnel development strategies.
- Contains a specialized glossary so users can more easily understand the specialized language of factory maintenance.
- Provides specific how-to tips and concrete techniques and examples for continuous improvement.
- Updates the 20 steps to world class maintenance to include the 6 areas of focus for world class maintenance.
- Includes a completely updated maintenance evaluation questionnaire that reflects new techniques and technologies.
- Breaks down and explains the three-team approach to maintenance work.
- Offers new sections on: Managing Shutdowns Craft Training Communications Contains major revisions to the RCM discussion and includes a new discussion about PMO.
About the author
Joel Levitt is a leading trainer of maintenance professionals and has trained more than 7000 maintenance leaders from 3000 organizations in 20 countries. He has more than 30 years experience in many facets of maintenance, and since 1980 has been President of Springfield Resources, a management/consulting servicing clients on a wide range of maintenance issues. Joel is a frequent speaker at maintenance and engineering conferences, has written several textbooks and has published over a dozen articles on the topic.