Maintenance and Asset Management are of strategic importance for the competitiveness and sustainable operation of asset intensive organisations. The professional management and maintenance of physical assets, such as machines, equipment, buildings and other infrastructures, improves reliability and increases the level of safety. All of this contributes to a very large extent to a sustainable economic prosperity, the safety of people and the protection of the environment, and ultimately the quality of life of all.
BEMAS aims to help its members on the journey towards a contineous improvement in managing and maintaining physical assets. BEMAS does this by means of:
- The establishment of a professional network on asset management and maintenance;
- Providing a forum where members share knowledge and exchange experiences;
- Distributing best practices and insights about asset management and maintenance;
- The organization of high quality training courses, conferences, seminars, study evenings, company visits and trade fair visits related to asset management and maintenance;
- Publishing information about asset management and maintenance through various communication channels;
- Setting up working groups on targeted themes and topics in the field of asset management and maintenance;
- Stimulating innovation and actively participating in research in the field of asset management and maintenance;
- To undertake targeted actions to improve the image of asset management and professional maintenance and to make these disciplines better known to the general public;
- Encouraging young people to choose an education and a profession in maintenance;
- Lobbying towards decision makers and policy makers;
- The pursuit of the recognition of the discipline and the occupations in maintenance and asset management;
- Setting up and managing certification in the area of asset management and maintenance;
- Maintaining relationships with similar organizations at home and abroad and setting up activities together with them;
- Representing the Belgian intersectoral maintenance community as spokesman and interlocutor at regional, national and international level.