This book provides an introduction to the concept of excellence in the several forms of maintenance used during the life of any system or facility. Unlike most books that tend to focus on just one of the areas of maintenance, this book looks at all the distinct forms of maintenance including: Routine Maintenance, Turnaround Maintenance, Program Maintenance, Project (Maintenance) Management, Reliability in Maintenance, Predictive and Preventive Maintenance, and Precision Maintenance. Rather than simply focusing on how to get the work done, this concise resource focuses on Maintenance Excellence and meeting its objectives more effectively and more efficiently. Uniquely designed for busy people who want and need to learn more about maintenance excellence but have a limited amount of time to do so, each chapter is designed to provide a stand-alone learning opportunity for individuals who have an opportunity to pick the book up over lunch or whenever the opportunity arises. Additionally, it emphasizes the part that effective and efficient maintenance plays in achieving good reliability so it provides an excellent companion for The Little Black Book of Reliability Management which was designed to be used in the same manner. This set of books is intended to provide the young professionals working in this area with a quick introduction to all the subjects they will need to learn. It is also intended for more senior managers and executives who are not experts in either maintenance or reliability, but need to be conversant with its elements.
- Provides the reader with a concise yet informative description of all the various forms of maintenance.
- Highlights the important elements of each of the various forms of maintenance and how to go about organizing those elements in his plant or facility.
- Offers the reader with the tools needed to integrate initiatives leading to improved reliability with each kind of maintenance.
- Provides the reader with tools needed to enhance effectiveness and efficiency in each kind of maintenance.
- Gives both new and more experienced plant and shop personnel with a tool they can use to develop a consistent understanding of maintenance excellence so they can identify common goals and consistent objectives.
- Includes forms and formats that can be used for the following: Job Delay Survey, Accountability-Responsibility Matrix, Role Description, Project Control Document, and Work Scoping Form.
- Defining Maintenance Excellence
- What Make a Work Management Process Work?
- Operating in Different Time Frames
- The Routine Maintenance Process
- The Turnaround Process
- The Program Management Process
- The Project Process
- The Reliability Process
- Reliability-Centered Maintenance
- Predictive Maintenance
- Preventative Maintenance
- Precision Maintenance
- Operators Role in Maintenance Excellence
- Maintenance Measures
- References for Further Reading