Important mesures concerning the BEMAS activities and trainings
The Corona or COVID-19 virus is rapidly spreading in Belgium and throughout the world. Travel bans, restrictions and social distance measures continue to spread worldwide and have an impact on the working environment. In the light of the latest developments, the Federal Government decided on Thursday 12 March to ban all recreational activities (sport, culture, etc.) until 3 April. Lessons in schools will also be suspended. The universities and colleges of higher education are recommended to develop distance learning modules. Companies are urged to promote teleworking.
Therefore, BEMAS has decided to offer the BEMAS training and study sessions only through distance learning until at least 19 April 2020. The classic classroom trainings and study sessions will thus be transformed into an online offer.
This means that, with a few exceptions, all planned study and training sessions will continue at the announced time, but via the BEMAS distance learning cloud. Participants can follow the lesson or presentation from the workplace or from home via internet on laptop, PC or tablet.
Persons who are already enrolled will receive further personal instructions with a link and possible access code to the online training or webinar for which they are enrolled.
The registrations and orders for BEMAS training courses are maintained. Persons registered for a training course who are affected by illness or who prefer to take part in a classic classroom training course, can reschedule their participation to the next (regular classroom) edition of the course without additional costs. The original invoice stays valid and payable. However, we do ask you to inform us of your absence at the latest 24 hours before the start of the (online) training course. In case of cancellation or unannounced (online) absence for non-medical reasons, our standard general conditions remain in force.
Participation in BEMAS seminars and study sessions will also be maintained, but can be cancelled free of charge. Participation in these short BEMAS webinars is free of charge for all employees of BEMAS member companies. Non-members pay a contribution.
This policy was last updated on 13 March 2020 and remains in force until 19/4/2020. The policy can be renewed or adapted after evaluation. Of course, we will inform the participants immediately of any further decisions that may affect our activities.
What do you need to participate via the BEMAS distance learning cloud?
The BEMAS distance learning cloud works on html5, which is standard in all modern browsers. You do NOT need to install an app or plug-in.
What you need:
- PC, Laptop or tablet with internet and sound
- Browser: Chrome, Edge, Safari, ... Internet explorer is not suitable. You can test your browser on html5 compatibility.
- To correspond with the teacher and other participants, we advise you to have a microphone.
About the Corona / COVID 19 virus
From coronaviruses, humans and animals can get lung and respiratory infections. There are different types of coronaviruses such as SARS and MERS. Usually these viruses cause relatively mild complaints, such as colds in winter and early spring. As a matter of fact, 5 to 10 % of colds are caused by corona viruses.
In December 2019 the Wuhan region of China witnessed an outbreak of a new coronavirus, called Severe Acute Respiratory Syndrome CoronaVirus 2 (SARS-CoV-2). The virus can cause COVID-19 disease. Most patients with this virus have fever and respiratory symptoms. Worldwide measures are being taken to prevent further spread of the virus.
What you can do to prevent contamination:
- Wash your hands regularly and thoroughly
- Cough into a paper handkerchief and then throw it away
- Touch your face as little as possible with your hands
- Avoid giving hands
- Avoid close contact if you are ill
- If you feel sick, please notify us immediately. We will then ask you not to participate and to move your registration to the next edition of the same course.
Measures taken by BEMAS to reduce the risks of contamination:
- Training and study sessions are currently only offered via an e-learning platform
- Employees of BEMAS are instructed to refrain from working or give speakers guidance in case of illness or symptoms that may indicate a viral infection. In this case BEMAS will provide alternative guidance, speaker or trainer. If this is not possible, participants will be informed of the cancellation by e-mail or telephone and the training or activity will be rescheduled at a later date.
- Our office remains open from Monday to Friday from 8.30 a.m. -12.30 p.m. and from 1 p.m. - 5 p.m.
- We continue to guarantee our services. However, we do offer our employees the necessary flexibility. For example, a number of employees will work from home and will therefore have more limited telephone access.
- For appointments, we ask you to take the following into account: each employee is responsible for deciding whether an appointment at the office can go ahead, or whether the meeting can be held by telephone or digitally. It is possible that a number of already planned appointments will be cancelled or postponed to a later date. Of course, you can also decide for yourself whether you want to change appointments already made.
- At the office, of course, the basic hygiene measures already in force at the first notification concerning COVID-19 in Belgium apply. We respect the necessary distance between employees or between employee and customer. Hands are washed with soap, coughs and sneezing in the elbow.
- BEMAS will continue to communicate transparently should the current situation evolve and new measures prove necessary.
Do you have questions about these measures or about BEMAS distance learning cloud? Contact us on +32 9 221 14 19 or infobemas [dot] org.
More information about the coronavirus? Please visit https://www.who.int/emergencies/diseases/novel-coronavirus-2019 or contact the Belgian Public Health Department on +32 800 14 689, www.info-coronavirus.be orinfo-coronavirushealth [dot] fgov [dot] be ( )info-coronavirushealth [dot] fgov [dot] be