Last update: 14 March 2022
From 7 March, the coronavirus barometer will switch to code yellow. This has been decided by the Consultative Committee. As a result, the Covid Safe Ticket will no longer be necessary in the hospitality sector and there will no longer be any restrictions on events, etc. In addition, the epidemic emergency and the federal phase of the national emergency plan have been called off after two years.
This also means that the use of the Covid Safe Ticket and the mouth mask are no longer compulsory at BEMAS activities.
However, we recommend you to keep the social distance, disinfect your hands and notify us if you have health problems and/or have tested positive.
Some important points to keep in mind when participating:
- Do you feel ill or have you had health problems in the past 7 days that suggest a COVID-19 infection? Please stay home and contact us at infobemas [dot] org.
- Please disinfect your hands upon arrival. Disinfectant hand gel is available on site.
- We also encourage you strongly to keep to the social distancing of 1.5 m.
Our general terms and conditions continue to apply.
Do you have any questions about our safety measures?
Please contact our training manager Fran Olbrechts at fobemas [dot] org or call us at +32 9 221 14 19.
Online trainings and webinars
An online training or webinar takes place on the BEMAS Live Learning Platform.
What do you need to participate via the BEMAS Live Learning Platform?
The BEMAS distance learning cloud works on html5, which is standard in all modern browsers. You do NOT need to install an app or plug-in.
What you need:
- PC, Laptop or tablet with internet and sound
- Browser: Chrome, Edge, Safari, ... Internet explorer is not suitable. You can test your browser on html5 compatibility.
- To correspond with the teacher and other participants, we advise you to have a microphone.
About the Corona / COVID 19 virus
From coronaviruses, humans and animals can get lung and respiratory infections. There are different types of coronaviruses such as SARS and MERS. Usually these viruses cause relatively mild complaints, such as colds in winter and early spring. As a matter of fact, 5 to 10 % of colds are caused by corona viruses.
In December 2019 the Wuhan region of China witnessed an outbreak of a new coronavirus, called Severe Acute Respiratory Syndrome CoronaVirus 2 (SARS-CoV-2). The virus can cause COVID-19 disease. Most patients with this virus have fever and respiratory symptoms. Worldwide measures are being taken to prevent further spread of the virus.
What you can do to prevent contamination:
- Wash your hands regularly and thoroughly
- Cough into a paper handkerchief and then throw it away
- Touch your face as little as possible with your hands
- Avoid giving hands
- Avoid close contact if you are ill
- If you feel sick, please notify us immediately. We will then ask you not to participate and to move your registration to the next edition of the same course.
Measures taken by BEMAS to reduce the risks of contamination:
- Training and study sessions are offered live (following the measures of the government) or online
- Employees of BEMAS are instructed to refrain from working or give speakers guidance in case of illness or symptoms that may indicate a viral infection. In this case BEMAS will provide alternative guidance, speaker or trainer. If this is not possible, participants will be informed of the cancellation by e-mail or telephone and the training or activity will be rescheduled at a later date.
- Our office remains open from Monday to Friday from 8.30 a.m. -12.30 p.m. and from 1 p.m. - 5 p.m.
- We continue to guarantee our services. However, we do offer our employees the necessary flexibility. For example, a number of employees will work from home and will therefore have more limited telephone access.
- For appointments, we ask you to take the following into account: each employee is responsible for deciding whether an appointment at the office can go ahead, or whether the meeting can be held by telephone or digitally. It is possible that a number of already planned appointments will be cancelled or postponed to a later date. Of course, you can also decide for yourself whether you want to change appointments already made.
- At the office, of course, the basic hygiene measures already in force at the first notification concerning COVID-19 in Belgium apply. We respect the necessary distance between employees or between employee and customer. Hands are washed with soap, coughs and sneezing in the elbow.
- BEMAS will continue to communicate transparently should the current situation evolve and new measures prove necessary.
Do you have questions about these measures or about BEMAS Live Learning Platform? Contact us on +32 9 221 14 19 or infobemas [dot] org.
More information about the coronavirus? Please visit https://www.who.int/emergencies/diseases/novel-coronavirus-2019 or contact the Belgian Public Health Department on +32 800 14 689, www.info-coronavirus.be orinfo-coronavirushealth [dot] fgov [dot] be ( )info-coronavirushealth [dot] fgov [dot] be