Last update: 28 October 2020
Important measures concerning the BEMAS activities and trainings
This week, the Flemish, Walloon and Brussels governments announced new measures to combat the Covid-19 virus.
These measures exclude the physical organisation of professionally equipped events, including training.
BEMAS understands that physical presence at a training course offers significant added value for the participants.
That is why we have made every effort to ensure that training courses take place on site as planned. However, recent measures do not allow for this.
Our general terms and conditions remain applicable. In addition, the following policy applies to our training courses until 20 November 2020 :
- All training courses given during this period will be evaluated in cooperation with the trainers.
- If online delivery does not compromise the quality of the training, the choice will be made to offer the training via our distance learning platform.
- In all other cases, it will be decided to postpone the training to a later date.
Online trainings and webinars
In addition to our live training and activities, we have noticed that the online webinars and training courses are very popular. As a result, we continue to expand our offer in this area.
An online training or webinar takes place on the BEMAS Distance Learning platform.
What do you need to participate via the BEMAS distance learning cloud?
The BEMAS distance learning cloud works on html5, which is standard in all modern browsers. You do NOT need to install an app or plug-in.
What you need:
- PC, Laptop or tablet with internet and sound
- Browser: Chrome, Edge, Safari, ... Internet explorer is not suitable. You can test your browser on html5 compatibility.
- To correspond with the teacher and other participants, we advise you to have a microphone.
About the Corona / COVID 19 virus
From coronaviruses, humans and animals can get lung and respiratory infections. There are different types of coronaviruses such as SARS and MERS. Usually these viruses cause relatively mild complaints, such as colds in winter and early spring. As a matter of fact, 5 to 10 % of colds are caused by corona viruses.
In December 2019 the Wuhan region of China witnessed an outbreak of a new coronavirus, called Severe Acute Respiratory Syndrome CoronaVirus 2 (SARS-CoV-2). The virus can cause COVID-19 disease. Most patients with this virus have fever and respiratory symptoms. Worldwide measures are being taken to prevent further spread of the virus.
What you can do to prevent contamination:
- Wash your hands regularly and thoroughly
- Cough into a paper handkerchief and then throw it away
- Touch your face as little as possible with your hands
- Avoid giving hands
- Avoid close contact if you are ill
- If you feel sick, please notify us immediately. We will then ask you not to participate and to move your registration to the next edition of the same course.
Measures taken by BEMAS to reduce the risks of contamination:
- Training and study sessions are offered live (with strict measures) or online
- Employees of BEMAS are instructed to refrain from working or give speakers guidance in case of illness or symptoms that may indicate a viral infection. In this case BEMAS will provide alternative guidance, speaker or trainer. If this is not possible, participants will be informed of the cancellation by e-mail or telephone and the training or activity will be rescheduled at a later date.
- Our office remains open from Monday to Friday from 8.30 a.m. -12.30 p.m. and from 1 p.m. - 5 p.m.
- We continue to guarantee our services. However, we do offer our employees the necessary flexibility. For example, a number of employees will work from home and will therefore have more limited telephone access.
- For appointments, we ask you to take the following into account: each employee is responsible for deciding whether an appointment at the office can go ahead, or whether the meeting can be held by telephone or digitally. It is possible that a number of already planned appointments will be cancelled or postponed to a later date. Of course, you can also decide for yourself whether you want to change appointments already made.
- At the office, of course, the basic hygiene measures already in force at the first notification concerning COVID-19 in Belgium apply. We respect the necessary distance between employees or between employee and customer. Hands are washed with soap, coughs and sneezing in the elbow.
- BEMAS will continue to communicate transparently should the current situation evolve and new measures prove necessary.
Do you have questions about these measures or about BEMAS distance learning cloud? Contact us on +32 9 221 14 19 or infobemas [dot] org.
More information about the coronavirus? Please visit https://www.who.int/emergencies/diseases/novel-coronavirus-2019 or contact the Belgian Public Health Department on +32 800 14 689, www.info-coronavirus.be orinfo-coronavirushealth [dot] fgov [dot] be ( )info-coronavirushealth [dot] fgov [dot] be