Every year since 1998, BEMAS elects the Maintenance Manager of the Year. With this competition, we look for the person (and his or her team) behind the results of a successful strategy in maintenance. This way, we underscore the importance of a well-considered approach to maintain the results of a company.
We are convinced that World Class Maintenance is the key to keep the industry sustainable in the Belgian economy. Figures show that companies that are at the top in terms of maintenance have a more reliable and safer production which is at the same time more energy-efficient. This enables them to compete with factories in other countries.
It is this effect that we reward with the election of the Maintenance Manager of the Year. Throughout the years, this award has been an important recognition for the daily work of many managers, teams and companies. Or as Frédéric Deleuze (winner 2011) puts it:
"Of course I am personally proud that I have won, but I can assure you that my team is most proud! On stage I was asked "how do you motivate your team?" Well, you cannot imagine how motivating this award is for the whole team. "
For BEMAS, the election night in June is invariably the most important event of the Year. Hundreds of professionals in maintenance and asset management gather in Brussels. Besides the anticipation surrounding the proclamation of the winner, attendees are treated to a key note speech by an eminent speaker in the field and get the opportunity to maintain and expand their network during a reception and walking dinner.
Below you can see pictures from the 2013 event:
- 2016 - ?
- 2015 - Abdellah Azzin & Paul Corgin - GSK
- 2014 - Claude Schuler - SONACA Gosselies
- 2013 - Marc Begijn - Volvo Car Gent
- 2012 - Harold Villers - ArcelorMittal Liège - Site Marchin
- 2011 - Frédéric Deleuze - CBR - Heidelberg Cement Group
- 2010 - François Depelsenaire - NGK Ceramics Europe
- 2009 - Erwin Bovyn - SPE-Luminus
- 2008 - Jan Vanbroekhoven - Philips Innovative Applications
- 2007 - Pasquale Sinapi - Caterpillar Belgium
- 2006 - Herman Aerts - Borealis
- 2005 - Benoît Noël - Industeel
- 2004 - Guido Aerts - Exxon Mobil Chemical Belgium
- 2003 - Jos Grosfils - DSM Speciality Compounds
- 2002 - Erik Creemers - Fina Antwerp Olefins
- 2001 - Hans De Backker - Janssen Pharmaceutica
- 2000 - Wout Theuws - Bosal Benelux
- 1999 - Robert Vander Putten - Schneider Electric
- 1998 - Daniël Vandendaul - Baxter
Principles of the contest
By drawing up the dossier on the basis of 20 simple questions, candidates create a picture of their current maintenance strategy. This dossier is an useful internal working document for anyone who quickly wants to be informed on the maintenance department.
The questions also allow you to look at a few less obvious things. Undoubtedly you will discover areas for improvement that can improve your maintenance organization’s performance. In short, an interesting exercise with inherent added value.
The assessment is done by a neutral jury of professionals and former winners. These professionals look at the impact of maintenance policies on the operating result, the safety, the economic added value and customer satisfaction.
- Compare your maintenance strategies with the rest of the industry
- Improve the image of your company, your team and yourself
- Get more involvement from your team and make them prouder
- Use the contest dossier to get new insights into your organisation
What can you win?
- The Maintenance Manager of the Year trophy
- An embossing stamp with your name + Maintenance Manager of the Year
- A certificate of participation / victory
- Gift vouchers with a value of € 2.500 which can be used in more than 75 shops
- Considerable and positive media attention for you and your company about the competence of your organization and team
- A gastronomical dinner with all participants and the jury
How to participate?
Contact BEMAS at infobemas [dot] org for the Dutch or French participation form.