Umicore is a global materials technology and recycling group. It focuses on application areas where its expertise in materials science, chemistry and metallurgy makes a real difference. Its activities are centred on four business areas: Catalysis, Energy Materials, Performance Materials and Recycling. Each business area is divided into market-focused business units offering materials and solutions that are at the cutting edge of new technological developments and essential to everyday life. Umicore generates the majority of its revenues and dedicates most of its R&D efforts to clean technologies, such as emission control catalysts, materials for rechargeable batteries and photovoltaics, fuel cells, and recycling. Umicore’s overriding goal of sustainable value creation is based on an ambition to develop, produce and recycle materials in a way that fulfils its mission: materials for a better life. The Umicore Group has industrial operations on all continents and serves a global customer base; it generated a turnover of € 9.8 billion (€ 2.4 billion excluding metal) in 2013 and currently employs some 14,000 people.
Reliability & Maintenance Engineer
- You are responsible for the optimal functioning of the production installations of the business unit Cobalt & Specialty Materials (CSM) at our plant in Olen.
- You are driving the transition from reactive maintenance to proactive asset management.
- You realize this by maximizing the reliability of the equipment at an economically Total Cost of Ownership.
- You organize proactive Reliability Centered Maintenance (RCM) - sessions and reactive root cause analyses; out of this you deduce inspection plans and optimized maintenance and operating instructions.
- You will also manage the specifications used in new investment files.
- You coordinate multi-disciplinary teams consisting of Production Managers, Maintenance Managers, Project Engineers, Supervisors, Operators and craftsmen.
- You will be trained in reliability engineering methodology.
- You hold a technical master's degree with at least 3 years experience in engineering, preferably in a non-stop
- You have a good technical understanding and are motivated and able to accumulate knowledge, especially in the mechanical and electrical field.
- You have excellent knowledge of Dutch and are fluent in English.
- With your excellent analytical skills, your creative approach and concern for quality, you are able to define sustainable improvements.
- You are a good communicator, supportive to your colleagues and respected by all layers in the organization.
- You have a strong personality, able to achieve real change.
- You take initiative and feel comfortable in taking decisions.