Asset Performance 4.0 Award
BEMAS, the Belgian Maintenance Association, organises the Asset Performance Awards to highlight achievements in maintenance and asset management.
In these times of Industry 4.0, the Internet of Things, predictive analytics and Big Data will increasingly become part of maintenance teams' toolbox. The most innovative digital transformation, focusing on maintenance, asset reliability and availability, will be awarded. This can be either a technical executive or an organisational improvement.
Award Show 2023
This year, the Asset Performance 4.0 Award welcomes nine exceptional candidates. These companies will have their representatives present their compelling cases at the Asset Performance Conference, scheduled for Wednesday, October 25, 2023.
In the evening, you can join us for the prestigious Award Show, where the winner will be revealed and celebrated.
11h00 Start of the presentations
12h30 Lunch break
15h00 Coffee Break
18h00 Start Award Show with keynote by Kurt Vandeputte, Sr Vice President Battery Recycling Solutions at Umicore
19h30 Walking Dinner
Since 1998, BEMAS has been organising competitions to award innovations and achievements in the world of Maintenance and Asset Management. Thus, until 2018, there was the annual Maintenance Manager of the Year election, a prestigious title that gave due recognition to the manager concerned and his or her team for their daily commitment to continuous maintenance improvement. In 2019, the name was changed to Technical Team of the Year, shifting the focus to the entire team for their meritorious performance and approach to maintenance and management of technical assets.
Since 2019, BEMAS also organizes the Asset Performance 4.0 Award, recognizing the increasing intelligence and digitalization of machinery and maintenance. Did you miss the first online edition? The awards show, with keynote by Jeroen De Flander, was livestreamed on YouTube, attracting over 200 viewers. Re-watch the keynote and awards show here. In 2021, Sitech Services won the AP 4.0 award. The Award Show was graced by Peter Hinssen, with a keynote on "The Day after tomorrow in Asset Performance". Watch the recording of that evening.
Laureates of the Asset Performance Awards
- Asset Performance 4.0: Sitech Services (Peter Bosmans & Pedro Durlinger)
- Best Improvement in Maintenance & Asset Management: Saudi Aramco (Osamah Al-Ghamdi)
- Asset Performance 4.0: Engie EMS (Marc Eyckmans & Carl Van Honacker)
- Technical Team of the Year: Honorable mention for ITIS (Colin Zegers & team)
- Best Improvement in Maintenance & Asset Management: Arlanxeo (Christophe Van de Maele and Kristof Van Den Berghe)
- Asset Performance 4.0: ArcelorMittal (Andy Roegis and Pieter Van den Branden)
- Technical Team of the Year: Imec (Tom Van den Broeck & his maintenance team)
Laureates Maintenance Manager of the Year
- 2017 - Maxine Frimpong & Ann Van Look - BASF Antwerpen
- 2016 - Bert Pieters - PepsiCo Veurne
- 2015 - Abdellah Azzin & Paul Corgin - GSK
- 2014 - Claude Schuler - SONACA Gosselies
- 2013 - Marc Begijn - Volvo Car Gent
- 2012 - Harold Villers - ArcelorMittal Liège - Site Marchin
- 2011 - Frédéric Deleuze - CBR - Heidelberg Cement Group
- 2010 - François Depelsenaire - NGK Ceramics Europe
- 2009 - Erwin Bovyn - SPE-Luminus
- 2008 - Jan Vanbroekhoven - Philips Innovative Applications
- 2007 - Pasquale Sinapi - Caterpillar Belgium
- 2006 - Herman Aerts - Borealis
- 2005 - Benoît Noël - Industeel
- 2004 - Guido Aerts - Exxon Mobil Chemical Belgium
- 2003 - Jos Groffils - DSM Speciality Compounds
- 2002 - Erik Creemers - Fina Antwerp Olefins
- 2001 - Hans De Backker - Janssen Pharmaceutica
- 2000 - Wout Theuws - Bosal Benelux
- 1999 - Robert Vander Putten - Schneider Electric
- 1998 - Daniël Vandendaul - Baxter