Many companies have SAP as their ERP system and have opted for a dedicated EAM software system such as IBM Maximo to manage their assets. This has a lot of advantages, such as lower usage and management costs, a much faster implementation, industry-specific functionalities, and higher user acceptance. However, it is important to be able to share relevant information seamlessly between the EAM and the ERP. During this webinar we will elaborate on good practices in realizing this connection.
- Why do companies choose a dedicated EAM such as IBM Maximo alongside an ERP system such as SAP?
- What are the advantages?
- What are the challenges and how to tackle them?
o Integration and data flow
o Technical management challenges - knowledge building in the IT department
o Acceptance of multiple systems
- Running the EAM application : possibilities, advantages and disadvantages
o On Prem
o In the cloud
- How to correctly set up a connection between an ERP and an EAM?
- What are common pitfalls and how to avoid them?
- Practical examples of a seamless connection
All this is explained with concrete examples of the connection between IBM Maximo and SAP.
About the speakers
Marcel Van Velthoven is a business engineer and CEO of Amosa. In 2019, he founded Amosa together with a number of other specialists. Marcel has had experience in positioning and implementing maintenance management systems since the early 1990s. From 2006 - 2010 he was divisional director of SKF Asset Management and involved in the development of ISO 55000. Marcel is a guest lecturer at a number of foreign universities in the field of Asset and Maintenance Management.
Louis Stoop has more than 25 years of experience in working with, and positioning Maximo. After starting at PSDI in 1995, he has been in product development and has been responsible for positioning Maximo for various industries in Asia for many years, with a focus on creating value for customers with their EAM system. Louis is co-founder of Amosa and responsible for the functional and technical positioning of the application with customers. With his experience he knows Maximo like no other.
10u45 Welcome in the webinar
11 - 12 u. Webinar
Attention: the presentation is in English
About the BEMAS Distance Learning Cloud
The distance learning cloud of BEMAS works on the basis of html5 technology which is standard in all modern browsers. Installation of an app or plug-in is NOT necessary.
What you need to provide yourself:
- PC, Laptop or tablet with internet connection and sound.
- Preferably use Google Chrome as a browser. Mozilla Firefox, Safari and Edge also work. Internet explorer is not suitable. You can test your browser for html5 compatibility in advance.
- We strongly recommend using a headset (earphone with microphone) to avoid background noise as much as possible.
- In order to interact with the other participants and teacher, it is advisable to have a microphone as well.
If you wish to discover the distance learning cloud, you can watch this video. You can also login and test on this demo site. Use ‘Test’ as a name and ‘guest’ as a password.