Analyses show that CMMS and EAM software systems are in many cases poorly to badly implemented. A common problem is that users cannot find or register information correctly. The package is too often implemented from an IT perspective that does not take sufficient account of the needs of maintenance people on the shop floor. This leads not only to inefficiency, but also to underutilization of opportunities to save costs and increase asset performance. In addition, poor EAM implementations also cause a lot of shadow administration: Excel lists, separate software tools, a lot of paper forms, etc... This leads to incomplete data and weak data integrity. The quality of the pulled analyses is accordingly.
It is therefore important to take a critical look at the EAM system as it is implemented and used today. You can expose the pain points by comparing the method of working in your company with known best practices. During this webinar the speakers will go deeper into often identified shortcomings in an EAM and how they can be addressed.
- The history of the CMMS and EAM software system
- How was an EAML classic implemented in a company?
- What are common negative user experiences?
- How to build the path of improvement?
- What is low hanging fruit? Some concrete examples of possible improvements.
- What are the results of these improvements?
- How do you see that your EAM is ready for the future?
About the speakers
Marcel Van Velthoven is a business engineer and CEO of Amosa. In 2019, he founded Amosa together with a number of other specialists. Marcel has had experience in positioning and implementing maintenance management systems since the early 1990s. From 2006 - 2010 he was divisional director of SKF Asset Management and involved in the development of ISO 55000. Marcel is a guest lecturer at a number of foreign universities in the field of Asset and Maintenance Management.
Louis Stoop has more than 25 years of experience in working with, and positioning Maximo. After starting at PSDI in 1995, he has been in product development and has been responsible for positioning Maximo for various industries in Asia for many years, with a focus on creating value for customers with their EAM system. Louis is co-founder of Amosa and responsible for the functional and technical positioning of the application with customers. With his experience he knows Maximo like no other.
10u45 Welcome in the webinar
11 - 12 u. Webinar
Attention: the presentation is in English
About the BEMAS Distance Learning Cloud
The distance learning cloud of BEMAS works on the basis of html5 technology which is standard in all modern browsers. Installation of an app or plug-in is NOT necessary.
What you need to provide yourself:
- PC, Laptop or tablet with internet connection and sound.
- Preferably use Google Chrome as a browser. Mozilla Firefox, Safari and Edge also work. Internet explorer is not suitable. You can test your browser for html5 compatibility in advance.
- We strongly recommend using a headset (earphone with microphone) to avoid background noise as much as possible.
- In order to interact with the other participants and teacher, it is advisable to have a microphone as well.
If you wish to discover the distance learning cloud, you can watch this video. You can also login and test on this demo site. Use ‘Test’ as a name and ‘guest’ as a password.